Sunday, December 28, 2003

I just went to a site called Children With AIDS. The address is www.aidskids.org I learned a lot of interesting things from this site.

When a child gets AIDS, it's not from anything they did, but from a source that they have no control over. Like parents that do drugs, have multiple partners, and other things like that, yet society treat them as if they had done something to be ashamed of.

Children count on adults to protect them. I find it a shame that we are failing. You hear more stories about abuse now than when I was younger. I love all children and want to protect them all. I want to keep them safe from all harms that may come their way. Unfortunately this is not something I can do by myself.

Has this world grown so cold that children no longer mean what they once did? Have we become so immune to the horrors of this world that we ignore children and let them fend for themselves?

Children are a blessing!!! They are only loaned to us for such a short time. We look at them as babies and say "I'll always love and protect you!" And the next thing we know, they're gone. Living their own life, doing their own thing. Not needing us anymore, at least not like they did when they were young. Yes, my children are still young, but I dread the day when the decide to go out into the world on their own.

Don't ignore what you can do to help children. They are the ones without a voice of their own. It is up to the adults of this world to speak for them. We need to make a statement that we won't put up with children being mistreated, in any shape, form or fashion!

Home

No comments: