Saturday, January 03, 2004

I want to tell you about the day I had today. This is the kind of day you would not wish on anyone!

Around 11:30 pm last night my 3 year old came to me complaining about an upset stomach. While I was loving on him, I noticed that he had a fever so I gave him something to bring the fever down. If any of you have small children, you know that when they don't feel good, they want mom or dad to sleep with them, so I got in bed with him. About an hour later, he got mad because I wouldn't let him get out of bed and watch TV, so he was trying to get me to go to my own bed. Normally I would, but for some reason I didn't last night. Now I'm glad I didn't. A few minutes later he started shaking so bad. I immediately turned to him to see he was having a seizure.

We got the paramedics to come and he was taken to the hospital. Come to find out, the seizure was because his fever jumped more than his little body could handle it. To say I was scared was an understatement. I was petrified! We were at the hospital until 12:00pm today. I was never more glad to see home than I was today.

If your child ever had something like this happen, use washclothes to lower the temp. Do not do it too quickly! I learned alot about this in the last 18 hours or so. I just hope I never have to go through this again!

I'm just thankful that he's okay now.

I'm going for now, I'm so tired I can hardly do this. I've been up since early this morning. Thanks for coming!

Home

No comments: