Saturday, January 17, 2004

Have you ever?

Have you ever had a dream wake you up out of a sound sleep? I might understand it if it had been scary, but this one was just plain weird. I was at the school to pick up my boys, high school, my high school. My oldest son is only in second grade, and the youngest is only 3.

That's okay, I dreamed the other night that I ended up having to go back to high school to finish. I graduated in '83. I don't think I need to go back to high school!

I just want to know why I'm having these dreams about my old high school. It's not like it was all that great. I was very unpopular. I had book smarts, but not a lick of street smarts to my name. I was very naive. You have to understand, my graduating class had only 89 people. Very large school here. Not exactly the crime spot of the world. The only thing I liked about school, besides being able to learn something new, was the fact that at school, I was able to be a kid. I'm the oldest of 4. My parents divorced when I was 12, and I had been watching my younger brother and sisters since I was 9 years old. I was the one to get them up and make sure they were ready for school. Luckily, we could eat breakfast at school. Like I said, it wasn't exactly my favorite time in life.

You would figure with all that, I'd be less naive. But I wasn't.

Oh well, on to other matters. Devin, my oldest, his birthday is in August. Would you believe he brought me a list of what he wants for his birthday party? He made a list at school. He has everything written down that he wants, what kind of cake, candles, gifts, etc. I had him put it by the computer so maybe I could keep up with it until them. I usually have him a party at his school, since his birthday usually falls right at the beginning of the school year. He's so precious to me. Both of my boys are, even when they are driving me up a wall. Marcus has stolen my pillow, and won't give it back. That may be one reason I'm not sleeping as well as usual.

Aren't children the most precious things? I hope you think so as well.

Anyway, I'm going to try to get some more sleep. I write more later.

God's blessing with you always.

No comments: