Thursday, January 08, 2004

Ever want to shoot your husband?

Keep in mind that I woke up super early this morning feeling bad, my 3 year old starts coughing. You know that hacking cough that sounds like it's coming from his toes? Anyway, a little after 5 my husband gets up. This is right after Marcus gets in our bed. I'm wide awake, sitting in the kitchen reading a book, knowing there is no way I'll get back to sleep. My husband comes charging into the kitchen and asked the dumbest question you can ask a mom. "Aren't you going to give him some cough syrup?"

I thought of telling him no, that Marcus could stay there and suffer, but that was not what I said. I told him that I already had, which I had, about a hour ago.

What does he think? I'm going to sit there and let that child suffer? Does he think that I'm some cruel heartless person that doesn't care about her children? I was so hurt and mad, I could hardly see straight. Plus on top of all that, I felt bad. Not a good combination! Most especially since I'd only had a couple hours of sleep.

Instead of talking about it this morning, when I knew I'd end up saying something I'd regret later, I waited until he got home and told him how it made me feel. Luckily for him, he did the right thing. He apologized and said that wasn't what he meant. He just felt bad for Marcus and couldn't stand listening to him cough like that either.

I still don't feel better physically, but I'm not mad at my husband anymore. And speaking of sleep, I need to get some.

I'll write more tomorrow.

God's Blessings to you.

No comments: