Wednesday, December 24, 2003

Welcome to the fist post in my new journal.

I want you to know that this program is very dear to my heart.

When I first found out about my nephew having cancer, it broke my heart. After all, this was supposed to happen to other people, not my family, but I guess everyone feels that way. Austin was only 13 years old. He hadn't had a chance to see anything of the world. I might have understood it better if it had been someone older. Anyway, this program began because of the kindness some of the people around here showed him by sending him cards. You see, Austin didn't live around here. He lived in a different state. No one here had even met him, yet they cared about what happened to him. It made me realize that the other children in the same situation would probably like it if they knew someone cared about them even though they had never met. That is why I started this program. I want to think that this is making a difference in the lives of these children that I send the pages to. Hopefully, this program can expand. That is my dream, to have the going to every children's hospital and agency in the US and abroad.

Anyway, this is my first post and I wanted you to understand why I started this. I plan on adding more post when I can. Come back anytime to visit.

Home

No comments: