Tuesday, March 16, 2004

Isn't Amazing...

We went and saw "The Passion" Thursday night. It was a great movie. If you haven't seen it, then let me recommend it. I've talked to several people about it and so far no one has gotten the same message from it. Don't get me wrong, everyone agrees that it is well worth the price of admission. I just seems that everyone takes something different from it. While there was some guilt on my part, my main feelings were of amazement. It's hard to imagine that Christ went through that much torture willingly. He knew what He would be going through yet He did so anyway. Why? Because of us. It's hard to believe that this man knew about us even while He was hanging from the cross.

I had never realized exactly He had gone through until I saw this film. I knew He had been tortured but I had no idea just how bad the torture was until I could actually see it. This movie does that. It's hard to picture that with out some visual images. Nothing in my limited scope could imagine someone being beaten to that extent. Now when I read, "By His stripes we are healed," I have a better understanding of why that statement has such a profound meaning.

God's blessings to you always.

No comments: